This is a full-time, 12-month position and can have a flexible start date, but no later than June 2019. The Director of Finance oversees all financial aspects involved with the operation and maintenance of economic growth and sustainability for The Foundation Schools. They serve as a member of the Senior Management Team and report directly to the CEO.
The position will initially be located in the current Rockville, Maryland Administrative Office but will relocate over summer to Largo, Maryland.
The School is most interested in candidates who demonstrate the following qualifications and credentials:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field required
· Master’s degree in related field preferred
· Eight plus years of financial and operational experience required
· At least five years in a senior management role preferred
· Experience in a nonpublic, charter or independent in a school or non-profit setting preferred
· Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Experience on senior administrative teams and working with nonprofit boards
· Experience and skill in budget and resource development and strategic planning
· Experience overseeing all financial aspects involved with the operation and maintenance of economic growth and sustainability
· Knowledge of state budget approval process
· Proven experience in effective cash management and bank relations
· Excellent people skills
Position Summary: The Director of Finance reports to and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer, works with the Board of Directors, and participates as an integral member of the senior management team. They are responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of The Foundation Schools operations to ensure economic growth and sustainability . The Director of Finance must understand federal, state, and county special regulatory guidelines as they relate to compliance of financial planning, federal/state food and nutrition program guidelines and nonprofit fiscal audit management. They lead the finance department and provide supervision and coordination of the financial administration, business planning, and budgeting work of the organization. The Director of Finance works collaboratively with all directors and participates as an integral member of the senior management team. They monitor short- and long-range strategic planning and provide critical financial insight and strategic support to the CEO, Board of Directors, Senior Management Team and Audit Committee. ($15.5 million budget)
School Supplies Needed!
Please help to ensure that our at-risk students can start the new school year with the supplies necessary for them to get on the path to success. Donations of all types of new school supplies are needed and welcomed throughout the month of August, including: Pencils Colored Pencils Pens (Blue & Black Ink) Calculators (Including Used TI-84 Graphing Calculators) Notebooks (Composition […]
Special Thanks to Our Partners at Hargrove!
We are so lucky to have been selected by Hargrove, LLC‘s Exhibitor Services and Trade Show Division to be the recipient of their Team Building/Community Service Day! Their team created and donated baskets of classroom essentials, beautified our walls with a TWIRL mural, and did an incredible job overhauling our book room so teachers can easily […]
Redskins Loads of Love!
During the Redskins-Cowboys game yesterday, The Foundation Schools was awarded a grant to from the Washington Redskins Foundation Loads of Love program to put a laundry facility in the school. The generosity of the Foundation will remove one obstacle for our students, so they can build a road to success! Thank you Washington Redskins!
Our 2018 Annual Report is Out Now!
We are so proud of our students’ accomplishments last school year! Click here to view our 2018 Annual Report and read more about them!